Self-Care is not being Selfish…
… instead, it is all about honouring your wants and needs. However, it requires putting yourself ahead of someone else.
The truth is that when we practice SELF-CARE, we become better parents, better children, better friends, overall better people.
In addition to enjoying the bliss of self-love, we are better able to give and nurture others when our well is full.
What is Selfishness?
- Being selfish is choosing to consistently only think of your own needs and wants.
- Selfishness does not create the ability to share, nurture or serve.
- Being selfish generates an internal and external experience of isolation and loneliness.
- Selfishness never yields joy, peace or love.
What is Self-Care?
- Self-care allows you to be more sharing and nurturing. You will have more to give because you are no longer being depleted or exhausted.
- Self-care allows you to serve others well because you have acknowledged your worth and cultivated ways to fill and refill your well.
Honour your inner wants and your needs with Self-Care and fulfil your true potential
Ultimately by choosing to reframe your belief and thoughts around self-care, you’ll discover your purpose and experience joy and happiness.
- So let go of resentment of others.
- Stop being a victim of others ‘demands’.
- Set limits and boundaries in your relationships.
- Allow both of you to give and receive, thus safeguarding you both from any resentment and bitterness.
By doing this, you will begin to experience true joy and happiness. In addition, you will see your relationships skyrocket.
In the past, how did you think your beliefs about self-care affected your feelings and actions?
Sit and take a few minutes to ponder and think. Maybe you would like to write in a journal?
Did those beliefs bring more love or more conflict?
If the latter is true, there is good news, YOU CAN CHANGE IT ALL by simply changing the way you think about the word selfish.
Now is the time to stop struggling with those false and limiting beliefs!
For instance, you have already started to change – just by reading this article!